Tuesday 30 October 2012

Review: Guardian Acai Berry Face Mask

Hiya lovelies!
 
I was browsing through the aisles in Guardian Pharmacy back home when I chanced upon this product. Although I have plenty of face mask products back home (sadly I left everything there when I came over and have barely anything here), I could not resist purchasing this especially since it was on promotion (I think it was buy one free one, or buy one get the second one 50% off).
 
 
 
Product: Acai Berry Face Mask by Guardian
Price: RM5.90
Made in: Korea
Content: 1 sheet
 
 
 
 
What it claims: The Guardian Acai Berry Face Mask is specially formulated with rich Acai Berry Extract and Lemon Essential Oil. With its anti-oxidant properties, it helps brighten and soothe dull skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
 
Packaging: This product comes in a plastic packet which looks cute. It has rounded, curvy edges and jewel detailing and design on the packet. Quite cute. Other than that, it is standard packaging for a sheet mask.
 
Application/Texture/Consistency:  This sheet mask comes in a round, thin cotton sheet shaped with holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. It also has plastic backing which has to be peeled away before it can be used. If you've read my previous posts on sheet masks, you will know that I dislike it being round-shaped because I find it does not really fit my face well and I have to constantly pull and adjust it to fit. The mask is soaked in essence which I normally find annoying but I was not really irritated by the essence from this product. It is not too wet and soaked pretty quick into my skin, although my skin was still left feeling wet and slightly sticky after removing the mask.
 
Here's the directions on how to use it:-
 
 

 
Scent: I really like the scent, and I mean, really. I have no idea how acai berry smells like but this sheet mask smells like berries and is very sweet. Reminds me of drinking Ribena or some berry-flavoured drink. The scent is not that strong, which will probably be good for those who do not like scents in the facial products but I would have liked this scent to be stronger and longer-lasting. =)
 
List of ingredients:-
 
 
 
 
How I use it: After cleansing and toning my face, I peeled the plastic backing from the mask and placed the mask on my face. I left the mask on for 15 minutes and then peeled it off my face. The extra essence that did not get soaked into my face was massaged into the skin until it was fully absorbed. My skin felt super smooth and soft and the essence did not really leave my face feeling sticky, plus it did not take very long to dry, which is a good thing. The mask did help brighten my complexion, although this is by no means a miracle worker and the effects lasted for about a day.This mask caused no irritation or itchiness to my skin and I did not get any breakouts from using this product.
 
I completely forgot to take a picture of myself wearing this mask so I guess this review will have to go without that. =(
 
Would I repurchase?- Yes, I probably would, not because I've had a sudden change of heart and decided to like sheet masks completely, but because I really like the scent, and this mask also did a decent job in improving my complexion.
 
Where can I purchase this?- At all Guardian pharmacies nationwide in Malaysia, Singapore.
 
Have you tried this? What do you think of it? =)
 
xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D