Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium 3

Hello dolls!
I realised I have not been posting much but I've just been so caught up with life and studies that I really have neglected my blog. Just finished a tutorial so am gonna squeeze in a review now and then I'm off to go do an assignment! =D



Product: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium 3
Price: £4.19 (approx. RM20.95)
Made in: China
Content: I can't seem to find the weight of the product..

The Collection (previously known as Collection 2000) Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer is a product greatly hyped about by Youtube beauty gurus and many beauty bloggers, so when I first arrived in the UK, this was one of the products on my 'must-buy' list.

This concealer claims to conceal flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours; transfer-proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage; and provides beautiful shine-free and blemish-free skin. There are four shades available: Fair 1, Light 2, Medium 3, and Deep 4. The shade I bought is the third darkest shade- Medium 3.





Here's the list of ingredients:-



Colour: The shade Medium 3 is a shade with strong yellow undertones and has a slight orange tinge to it. On my NC20-25 skin, this colour is actually quite a good match. I won't say it's a perfect match because sometimes it looks slightly too light for my skin, and sometimes it's a hint darker than my skin, depending on whether I've been out under the sun much but overall, it matches my skin colour pretty well. However, I think the choice of colours in general are very limited as only four colours are available, and I think Deep 4, the darkest shade, may still be too light for those who are darker-skinned.


Packaging: The product comes in a sturdy plastic tube which is clear so that you can see the amount of product left in the tube. Nothing fancy about the packaging, really, it's simple- but as long as the product works, that's fine by me! It also has a doe foot applicator and a rather terrible smell, unfortunately. However, the smell fades away once applied on the skin. The font on the plastic tube also slowly fades away with time, but that does not bother me. Overall, simple, fuss-free packaging- I like. =)







Application/Texture/Consistency: Applying the concealer onto the skin is easy as the doe foot applicator makes it convenient to apply on the skin, and also easily reaches the hard-to-get places likes the sides of the nose. It has a creamy, thick texture which is easy to blend, but it does dry pretty quick so it's best to blend this one out fast. I usually dot this onto areas which need covering using the applicator, but I blend it out with my fingers because I find that the heat from my fingers helps warm up the product, making it easier to blend into the skin and keeps it from drying faster than it normally would. Occasionally, I do use a brush like the Real Techniques Detailer Brush, and although this does give a pretty even finish, I still somehow prefer using my fingers with the concealer as it also helps give me more control over the coverage and finish. Coverage is medium to full, which I really like as it helps cover my blemishes, pimples, undereye circles and redness very well. However, it can look cakey if applied too much, and it also emphasises dry patches on the skin, so I would definitely moisturise my skin well before applying this. Although the concealer claims to be transfer resistant, I do not find this entirely true as I do get slight stains on tissue paper, or my clothes when I accidentally brush my face against it. A translucent powder does help set it in well and reduces the amount of product transferred but I tend to not use powder over it because it makes the concealed areas look dry and emphasises the blemishes that I am trying to hide. Applied properly, this product gives a natural, even finish and does not feel heavy on the skin at all- I barely notice that it's there!

Here's a swatch of the product on my hand (the skin shade of my hand is almost similar to that of my face) before and after I have blended it out. I purposely took a picture of the product near the little mole on my hand and concealed the mole to show you this little baby's coverage properties!

Here's before:-




And here's after:-




You can see that the little mole on my hand has been almost completely concealed- good coverage! =)

Price: At £4.19, this product is an absolute bargain- it's affordable and it works really well.

Would I repurchase this?- Definitely, without a doubt.

Where can I purchase this?- I think it's only available within the UK, unfortunately. In the UK, it can be found in both Boots and Superdrug where it is currently on offer at both stores at £3.69!!

If you want more information on the product, click here.

Have you tried this? What do you think? I'm also on the hunt for other concealers to conceal my undereye circles. Any reccommendations? =D

xx Amanda

4 comments:

  1. OOOO! This looks good! The price is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanny!! Yea this is really quite good and very affordable! It covers so well so it helps covers all those pesky blemishes that always seem to appear on my face. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Where can I get it in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi peachesandcupcakes, I'm so sorry but I don't think this is sold in Malaysia. I bought this in the UK.

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D