So I've just finished a Japanese written exam and to destress, I thought I'd write a little post on a couple of things I've purchased and gathered recently.
I received a Boots coupon in the mail where I could get double points per £1 instead of 4 points per £1, so I happily went to Boots and made a hole in my wallet. I also picked up a couple of things from Superdrug. In my defense, I was running low on body lotion so I grabbed a few (I realise since arriving in the UK that I go through body lotions like drinking water. I run out of them so quick compared to back home! It's probably because I'm paranoid that I'll have dry flaky skin here.). I also needed a facial toner so I grabbed the Simple one, since I wanted one that was suitable for sensitive skin, and as I am experiencing quite a few breakouts on my face, I wanted one that would definitely not aggravate or irritate my skin.
Here's a picture of the skin care/body care items:-
1. Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner
- Hopefully a toner that will not irritate my skin
2. Garnier Intensive 7 Days Soothing Gel-Cream (Dry & Sensitive Skin and Normal to Dry Skin)
- I bought this because I was intrigued by the word 'gel-cream' really. It gives me the impression that it's a light texture, and that is exactly what I look for in body lotions - I hate that sticky, greasy feeling.
3. Garnier Intensive 7 Days Replenishing Lotion (Dry Skin)
- It said 'fast-absorbing' on the bottle- I was sold. I wanted to try the Honey one which was for sensitive skin, though, but it was sold out in my local Superdrug so I picked the next best one for me, which was for dry skin.
4. Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub
- I mentioned this product in my Beauty Wishlist #1 post, and as you can see, I caved. Soap & Glory products are 3 for 2 at the moment for bathing products, so I grabbed not one, but three of these babies, as I'm planning to give one to my mum and another to an aunt.
5. Botanics Skin Relief Serum
- This serum sounded promising, plus I wanted to try out serums and maybe add them to my skin care routine. This was on sale at Boots so I just thought I'd try it.
6. Botanics 100% Organic Facial Oil
- Facial oils sound like they could do wonders for my dry skin in this chilly weather so I thought I'd give this a go. Organic sounds good too, plus it was on sale at Boots.
And of course, I just had to grab some cosmetics...
1. Models' Own Nail Polish Winter Wonderland Collection - Snowflake and Southern Lights
- Again, Snowflake featured in my Beauty Wishlist #1 post and is another product in that list that I purchased. I bought Southern Lights on a whim after seeing many beautiful NOTDs on the blogosphere, and since Boots is offering a 'buy one Models' Own nail varnish, get the second one at half price' currently, the nail polish addict in me just could not resist.
2. MUA Undress Me Too Eye Palette
- I bought this on a whim, too. I really like MUA eye palettes and I really like neutral eyeshadows, so when I saw this, it was 'want at first sight'. This palette has been touted to be a very good dupe of the Naked 2 palette, so I'm pretty glad I got this, as I don't think I would be willing to splurge on the Naked 2, as beautiful as it is.
3. MUA Undress Your Skin Radiant Under Eye Concealer
- I've been looking for a cheap brightening under eye concealer, so I'm hoping this does the trick. It only comes in one shade 'Radiance', so I'm not sure whether it will suit all skin tones. Will test it out soon!
4. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Nova, Apocaliptic and Stellar
- These lip products are featured almost everywhere in the blogosphere, and I mean everywhere. I tried to resist buying them but my resolve crumbled when I saw that Rimmel cosmetics were going '3 for 2' in Boots. I love lip products, and I took that as a sign to try these out (terrible me).
I also purchased a couple of non-beauty items:-
1. Jumper from H&M and Necklace from Miss Selfridge
2. Cute London stickers for the sister - Accessorize
3. Random Skinny Belts - Primark
4. Cute 'Love' sign - Primark
5. Disco Pants Dupe - Glamorous
So that's all for my latest haul. Have you gotten yourselves anything that you've been loving recently?
Oh and by the way, I've just joined Twitter! I'm a total newbie still learning the ropes, but it would so much to me if you would like to follow me! =D I try to post about giveaways I find, random stuff in life, blog updates and pretty much whatever that hits my mind. So if you would like to follow me, click HERE or press the little link somewhere at the top of my right sidebar. Thank you so much! =)