My post today was initially supposed to be my 'March Favourites 2013' but I just cannot for the life of me locate the picture on my laptop so I decided to do a very quick haul post instead. Posts on my blog will be scarce for a while because I am currently revising for my final year exams which are only two weeks away! Please bear with me- I will continue to post more after my exams are done. I have so many ideas for different types of posts too so stay tuned! =D
Anyway, I popped into Boots yesterday and passed by the Soap & Glory stand. Soap & Glory is currently having an offer where you can get a free 'Butter Yourself' body butter if you spend £10 or more on their body products (the offer excludes skincare and cosmetics). I hardly ever purchase Soap & Glory products because I find the price tag slightly hefty for a high street brand, but this offer piqued my interest and I ended up purchasing some goodies. Another Soap & Glory (S&G) offer that is currently going on in Boots is to 'Buy One and Get the 2nd at 1/2 Price' for skincare items, so again, due to my severe lack of self-restraint as of late, I picked up some things.
1. S & G Some Like it Hot Body Softening Thermal Scrub 200ml (£8- approx. RM40)
- This was one of the products I picked up to make up the £10 I needed to spend in order to get the free body cream (this goes to show how easily I am drawn in to offers giving away something free with a purchase). I mainly bought this because I am intrigued by the idea of a warming body scrub. It sounds like it would be something nice to use during a cold winter day (although the weather is warming up considerably now), plus it smells lovely- it's sweet-smelling with a hint of something floral.
2. S & G Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff 50ml (£2.50- approx. RM12.50)
- This is the second item I got in order to spend £10 and qualify for the free gift. This is a travel sized product which I got because I think it would be handy to have a body scrub in hand when I am travelling. Its 50ml also means that I won't have to worry about airport 'liquid' restrictions. This has a sharp floral scent which I do not particularly fancy. I actually wanted to purchase Flake Away (which has a scent that I like) in the same size, but my Boots only had one left, and I opened the top to check the product and was not surprised to see that it had already been touched and tested by someone, so I got this instead. Am keeping my opinions about this open, though, since I've never tried it before. I should really not judge a product by its scent- this may turn out to be something I may end up liking!
3. S & G Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser 100ml (£10- approx. RM50)
-I've always been curious about hot cloth cleansers ever since reading about the famous Liz Earle one, but have never gotten around to actually purchasing one until now. This was one of the products under the 'Buy One Get the 2nd one at 1/2 Price' offer so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It comes included with a muslin face cloth inside, which is handy. It claims to be a deep purifying formula, so I'm looking forward to using this whenever I feel like I need to deep cleanse my face!
4. S & G Clear Here T-Zone Oil-Control Daily Moisture Lotion 50ml (£9- approx. RM45)
- I've read many reviews raving about this product helping to clear up blemish-prone skin, and as I am currently suffering from a bout of slight acne and blemishes, I am very keen to try out this product- hopefully it will help my skin in some way. This also came under the 'Buy One Get the 2nd one at 1/2 Price' offer, and is probably the product out of all I purchased that I am most excited to try. Being the cheaper product out of the two under the offer, I snagged this for £4.50. It's usual price of £9 is pretty steep though, for such a small amount of product, but at £4.50, my wallet isn't hurting too much, so I don't really mind.
5. S & G Butter Yourself Super Rich Smoothing Body Cream (£10.50 - approx. RM52.50)
- This is the free product that came with the purchase of £10 or more on body care. The fact that it's a body cream scares me a little because I personally do not like body moisturisers that have a thick greasy texture, so I really hope this will not be one of those greasy sticky ones. It has a very strong, sharp citrus scent which smells sickly sweet and may put some people off, but sweet scents are kind of my thing, so I quite like the scent.
Overall, although I am now £25 poorer, I am pretty pleased with my purchases and am looking forward to testing them out and using them. I will review these eventually (after my exams) so do look out for these reviews. I do not know how long these offers will last, but if you're interested, you can pop by your nearest Boots to check them out! For my lovelies back in Malaysia, if I'm not mistaken, Soap & Glory is available at Sephora, and although these offers may not be available to you, you can still check out these pink goodies if you like!
Have you tried these products? Which is your favourite Soap & Glory product? =)