Thursday 26 November 2015

OOTD | Hint of Mustard & Happy Socks

It's been a long, long time since I last posted an outfit of the day ("OOTD") post. In all honesty, that's probably 'cause I'm too shy to show my face and body in pictures - hee! Happy Socks contacted me and asked if I would do an outfit post featuring their socks. I thought "why not?" and decided to step up to the challenge! I also recently had my hair snipped - so I thought I might as well show it off  a little *wink*


Happy Socks Polka Dot
Happy Socks Polka Dot
Happy Socks Polka Dot

It's sunny pretty much all year round in Malaysia but that does not stop me from loving my autumn colours. Mustard yellow has got to be one of my favourite and I've been sporting this colour quite a bit in my recent outfits, and this one is no exception. To kick things up a notch and add some edge, I paired my cotton Mark & Spencers mustard T-shirt with a faux leather skirt from New Look.

I hardly wear accessories nowadays except for a necklace but I thought my wrists were looking somewhat bare so I decided to wear my Noah's ark-themed bracelet from New Look. I bought this bracelet about 2 years ago and I absolutely love it! The design is so unique and quirky - it's right up my alley!

To add a bit of 'retro' to my look, I sported my Burberry's handbag. This bag was my mum's but she did not want it anymore so I happily adopted it. The bag still has the 'Burberry's' tag on it (which is what Burberry was called before it changed its name to Burberry -little bit of trivia!) - vintage or what?!

The finishing touch to my outfit was my Polka Dot socks* from Happy Socks for me to channel that preppy/retro (hopefully!) look a-la Rachel Berry from Glee. The socks are made of soft cotton making it oh-so-comfortable to wear. Happy Socks has many designs to choose from but I decided to stick to dark colours (i.e. black) and simple polka dots because I'm conservative that way - hee!

Black leather heels, light makeup and a slick of red lipstick... and my look is complete!

For more information on Happy Socks, check out their:

Website: happysocks.com
Facebook: facebook.com/HappySocks
Instagram: @happysocksofficial #HappySocksUnderwear

Happy Socks have also kindly provided me with a discount to give to my lovely readers! To get a 15% off discount on their website, use the code "beauteebeauty". The code can be used more than once and expires on 15 January 2016. Please note that the code cannot be used on sale items, limited edition items and gift cards.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. It's something different but it was fun to create and write! Have you tried Happy Socks? =D


Note: I am not paid to provide a discount code and do not receive commission etc from any purchases made using the code. The code is solely for lovely readers' benefit should they wish to purchase Happy Socks products! =D

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D