Wednesday 11 December 2013

M & Co Blogger Competition Entry!

Hello loves!

The end of the year is just around the corner- and with that comes the party season! Christmas and New Year's Eve (or any occasion, if you wanted to, really) means spending time with loved ones either chilling at home, or heading out to hit the dance floor. I've never joined a style blogger competition, but when I heard about M & Co's blogger competition to style a party outfit for the festive season, I thought, why not. 

Party dresses are a staple, fail-proof piece for this time of the year, and the festive season always reminds me of rich, luxurious materials such as velvet, satin and brocade. Rich jewel tones such as forest green, dark purple and deep blue also tick the right boxes for me when I look for a Christmas party dress- and this dress is no exception!




This sateen bodycon dress is a beautiful, rich indigo blue with just the right balance between sexy and classy. The pretty floral embroidery detailing dotted with diamente adds a classy, sweet feel to the dress; and the the mesh yoke and bodycon fit of the dress adds the right hint of sexiness. I would definitely wear this for a night out with the girls, a dinner date at a fancy restaurant with the boyfriend, or to a glam family gathering!

I want to keep the outfit simple, classy yet sexy, so I am pairing it with diamente stud earrings and silver strappy kitten heel sandals which are only 2 inches in height- the perfect height for me to mingle with people and dance the night away! I love clashing gold and silver accessories too- so this dainty gold filigree bracelet is just what I need to make a statement (but not too much of a statement!).

If the weather turns chilly (and it definitely will here in the UK), I'd throw on a biker jacket to keep the cold weather at bay. I love how the biker jacket complements the whole look, and gives it a sexy, tough edge yet still looking feminine. The faux fur detachable collar also adds a touch of glamour and a warm ,'toasty' feel to the look which I really like.

Top that off with a Baroque clutch bag to keep my lipstick, lipbalm, cash, phone and tissue paper (I can't go anywhere without these!) and I'm all ready to go!

That concludes my entry for the M & Co Blogger Challenge, and I had so much fun styling this outfit!

Hope you enjoyed this post! I may just create more style posts like these as creating this was such a blast!

What do you think? Is my outfit party-worthy?

xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D