Sunday 20 December 2015

Evening Pamper Session | feat. Happy Socks

Hi loves!

It has been a few weeks since I last posted. Been so busy with work that I have not had the time to blog. Finally took some time out so I decided to relax and unwind. Here's me sharing my quick pamper session with you! =D

After taking a nice, warm shower and washing my face, I put on some lavender aromatherapy and proceeded to give my face some tender, loving care. I used my BeautyMate Natural Care Moisturising Peeling Gel to gently scrub the dead skin cells of my face. It is a gel which I apply all over my face and rub in circular motions. The gel dries up and becomes little rubber balls which gently exfoliates the skin. I really like this as it leaves my skin feeling soft after use. I don't see this in stores anymore (though it is apparently still available on the Watson's Malaysia website) but I definitely want to repurchase so if anyone has seen this, please let me know!

I then applied a decent layer of the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX all over my skin. I used to think this product was just 'okay' but for the past year or so I have given it another go and am rather liking it this time round. It smells refreshing (reminds me of the ocean) and leaves my skin feeling plump and hydrated the next morning. I do find this to be slightly sticky so I make sure to massage this into my skin like I would with moisturiser to help reduce the stickiness. 


The face is done - let's move on to my feet! I slather a thick layer of foot cream to soften and hydrate my feet. I like the Elemis sp@ home treat your feet Foot Cream. It is not too greasy and has a herbal scent which I find relaxing and calming. I don't like walking around or even lying in bed with cream-covered feet though. That's where Happy Socks comes in! I'm wearing the limited edition Fangs & Blood Socks*. It's made of 80% combed cotton and its very lightweight and comfy to wear. It works great for helping the foot cream absorb into my skin and prevents greasy bed sheets! I also thought I'd feature the Zig Zag Women's Brief* - it's so colourful and feels oh-so-comfortable to wear too!


Once all the moisturising is done, I curled up in bed with the book I am currently reading - "It's Not Me, It's You" by Mhairi McFarlane. It's a lighthearted chick lit story about a woman who proposed to her boyfriend but discovered he was sleeping with someone else. Recently I've been rather sick of chick lit but this book has really sucked me in and I'm really enjoying it. Won't say too much except that it's 531 pages long but I'm almost done with it - it's quite a good read and I've been really liking it.

So that's my pamper sesh done. I'm gonna go head back to chillin' and finishing up my book!

Oh, before I forget, for more information on Happy Socks, check out their:

Website: happysocks.com
Facebook: facebook.com/HappySocks
Instagram: @happysocksofficial #HappySocksUnderwear

Happy Socks have also kindly provided me with a discount to give to my lovely readers! To get a 15% off discount on their website, use the code "beauteebeauty". The code can be used more than once and expires on 15 January 2016. Please note that the code cannot be used on sale items, limited edition items and gift cards.

What do you do when you pamper yourself? =D


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I used to think that Laneige's sleeping pack was the B O M B and then I gradually feel out of love with it since I don't find it to be as hydrating as my other moisturizers. I use it for the daytime now, since it absorbs so quickly! (Great for under makeup, since I don't find that it leaves a reside(?!)...I'M USING IT ALL WRONG, I KNOW)

    Definitely checking out Happy Socks, since I'm in my sock ~obsession~ phase (bought 6-10(?) pairs this month alone) and "It's Not Me, It's You". Sounds like something I'd read, hah.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So sorry for the late response! I have to agree with you. I do not think it is as hydrating as some other moisturisers I have tried but it is pretty decent. You use in under makeup? That is so interesting - I must try it out the way you do one day! "It's Not Me, It's You" is good! Think you may like it :D

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D