Monday 27 June 2016

10 Motivational Songs to Kick Start Your Day

Hi dears!

Music is a big thing in my life. A catchy beat can uplift my spirits and mood; a song with inspiring lyrics can motivate me and give me that zing to power-charge through life. This positive attitude is meant for sharing though, right? So here's a peek into my playlist of ten of my favourite motivational/inspirational songs to jump start your day or lift up your spirits if you are feeling down and help you take on the world!


1. STRONGER (WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU) - KELLY CLARKSON
This has got to be one of my favourite songs to listen to when I feel like I want to give up in whatever I am doing, be it work, or relationships, or just plain ol' working out. The lyrics are a constant reminder that literally, what does not kill you, but pushes you, just makes you stronger.  
 

2. IT'S MY LIFE - BON JOVI
There's so much attitude and swag in this song (it's awesome!) but what I like about this is that it is about being empowered, about taking control of your life and just being who you are as a person because we only live once. Now that I think about it, every time I listen to this I unconsciously feel more confident!
 
3. WALKING ON SUNSHINE - KATRINA & THE WAVES
This song is oh-so-upbeat and feel-good! Every time I listen to it I instantly smile and break out into a lil' jig. Give it a listen and tell me it does not make you smile! =D
 
4. YOU GOTTA BE - DES'REE
Love the lyrics of this song. So simple yet meaningful as it tells me that I have to stay strong and pull through whatever challenges life throws at me.
 
5. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP - ANDY GRAMMER
"I know it's hard, know it's hard, to remember sometimes, but you gotta keep your head up, oh, and you can let your hair down, eh". A lovely song with a feel-good tune reminding me that even though it may be hard, I've got to keep my head up when things are bad.

   
6. YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE - NEW RADICALS
This song has a very chilled tune and always makes me feel relaxed and feeling like I'm on a beach sipping cold iced lemon tea. This song speaks about how we ought to be true and real to ourselves in a world which is constantly putting pressure on us to be something we are not. I feel that it also speaks about never giving up on your dreams because we are capable and we have what it takes to achieve it.
 
 
7. DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' - JOURNEY (GLEE COVER)
Another great song about never giving up on your dreams because we are able to pursue our goals, hopes and dreams. I especially like the Glee cover version of this song so that's what I'm including here! There is another version in Season 5 but I personally prefer the Season 1 hee!
 
 
8. TITANIUM - DAVID GUETTA FEATURING SIA
"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose, fire away, fire away; ricochet, you take your aim, fire away, fire away; you shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium; you shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium". I believe the lyrics speak for itself *wink*
 
 
9. I WILL SURVIVE - GLORIA GAYNOR
An empowering song about being able to move on after a failed relationship. I love the strong lyrics and feel it can be applied to many areas of life! 

 
10. WHEN YOU BELIEVE - MARIAH CAREY & WHITNEY HOUSTON
"There can be miracles, when you believe, though hope is frail, it's hard to kill; who knows what miracles, you can achieve, when you believe, somehow you will; you will when you believe". A beautiful song about believing in yourself. Nuff' said.

 
I hope you enjoyed the playlist and liked the songs! These songs always make me feel more empowered and strengthened and I hope they helped motivate you too! What is your favourite motivational song? =D 
 
xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D