Sunday 16 October 2011

Review: Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish Fruities Nail Polish!

Hey ya!

I mentioned that I would do a review of the nail polishes I bought from the UK recently (you can check that out here!), and so, I'm gonna review three of the nail polishes from that haul today! =D


These babies are colours from Rimmel's I Love Lasting Finish Fruities range of nail polishes.

From left to right:
- Cranberry Zest (a berry red colour)
- Apricot Punch (a peachy coral colour)
- Lemon Drop (a pastel yellow colour)


Product: Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish Fruities Nail Polish
Price: £2.99 (approx. RM15) each
Made in: Spain
Content: 8ml

This range of nail polish from Rimmel consists of four colours, the last one being Strawberry Fizz, which I did not purchase. I'll show a picture of it below though!

Picture taken from Boots UK website

So anyway, on the polishes I bought (hehe!), the first one is Cranberry Zest


This colour is a berry red- which I love. The colour is amazing!!





The next two polishes are...



Apricot Punch (left) and Lemon Drop (right).



I alternated the colours on my fingers, just to give a view of how these two colours go together.



Packaging: The bottles are small, and compact, very easy to carry around. Simple packaging, but it was the colours that really caught my attention.

Colour: All three colours apply true to the colour in its respective bottle. Colours are also bright and vibrant!

Texture/Application/Consistency: Application is very easy- the brush is easy to use and gives good control over how much polish is applied onto the nail. The consistency of the nail polish is thick yet smooth, and not clumpy. I did find Lemon Drop slightly difficult to apply though, cause it came off streaky (but I guess that happens with pastel polishes). I applied two coats of polish and it gave a very nice finish. The polish is also glossy without having to apply a top coat.


Picture of how the brush looks like!

Durability: The polish lasts for about 5 days before it starts to chip- pretty long-lasting I say! =D

Others: These nail polishes give off a fruity scent when it dries. I like the smell! I wouldn't say it smells fruity, but it feels 'cute'. Haha! The scent is not over-powering at all, and lasts for about 5 hours. I end up sniffing my fingers cause of this, so I guess it's good it only lasts a few hours, otherwise I'd be addicted (or maybe not. =D)!

Here's a picture of my nails in Cranberry Zest taken a week after I applied the polish:


Nail polish applied without top coat
You can only see slight chipping at the top of the nail, and this is without a top coat too! So it's not bad indeed. =D

Where can I purchase this?- Unfortunately, this range of Rimmel polishes are unavailable in Malaysia, but they can be found in Boots or Superdrug in the UK.

Have any of you had the opportunity to try this range of polishes? What about Rimmel nail polishes in general? =D

xx Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I suddely feel the need for new nail polish heehee. Am blaming you. ^.^

    Then again, mayhap I get some via me friend in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D