Friday 31 January 2014

Review: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser

Hiya darlings!

Ever used products where you know that no matter what happens, no matter what new product you try and fall in love (or hate) with, you can always fall back on them like a comfy safety blanket? Those are what I call staples. And this product is simply one of them.




Product: Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
Price: £3.99 (approx. RM20)/ RM19.90 in Malaysia
Made in: United Kingdom
Content: 125ml




Simple is a skincare brand which I used to use as a teen and have recently revisited last year. What I like about its products is that they are suitable for sensitive skin, which is most helpful when it comes to my sensitive skin.

Simple's philosophy is that they never use artificoal perfume, colour or harsh chemicals that upset the skin; and settle for only the purest possible skin-loving ingredients.

Here's some information about the Hydrating Light Moisturiser:




And here's a list of the ingredients:-




Okay, so I kinda freaked out when I realised that this contained mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum). I try to avoid products containing mineral oil as they do tend to cause me to break out, and this did cause me some breakouts when I recently used it again last year but I only use it on and off now so the effect is not strong enough to cause me breakouts.







Packaging: This moisturiser comes contained in a sturdy plastic bottle with a squeezy top to dispense the moisturiser. Nothing fancy- just simple but practical packaging. I personally prefer things packaged in bottles (or squeezy tubes) too as I find them to be more hygienic than those that come in tubs.




Scent: This is scentless-literally, which is fabulous for my sensitive skin and for those who prefer scentless facial products. If I could even try to describe its 'scentless' scent, I think the best word to describe it would be 'clean'. I don't know- it just has a very clean feel and 'scent' about it.







Application/Texture/Consistency: This moisturiser is true to its claim- it is light in texture. It feels like a hybrid between a gel and a cream, and has a bit of a watery feel to it when spread on the skin. It applies smoothly and absorbs easily into the skin without leaving a sticky or greasy feel. I like using this as a base prep for my face before I apply foundation as it gives an even smooth finish and helps moisturise the dry patches on my face. As a moisturiser itself, I do think it lives up to the claim of being hydrating (although maybe for a maximum of 8 hours instead of the 12 hours it claims) and is suitable to be used in the hot humid weather back in Malaysia or a dry summer day here in the UK. I do not however, think that it is hydrating enough for winter. The harsh winds and sharp cold air require a face cream with a higher level of moisturisation than what this baby can provide. But as a daily moisturiser during the summer, this is a really good moisturiser to use. This did not cause me any skin irritation, although it did give me a few breakouts (probably due to the mineral oil). How I normally use it is to use it once a day or once in two days so that my face does not get into much contact with mineral oil and does not give me breakouts like it would if I used it daily every day.







Would I repurchase?- Maybe. I definitely think it is a good moisturiser, but having recently found out that it contains mineral oil, I now understand why it's given me a few breakouts when I used to use it daily. My skin does not like mineral oil, so I may not repurchase this unless I need to, as it really is a moisturiser that I fall back on when nothing else seems to be doing the job in moisturising my skin or preventing skin irritation. But it does do the job, it is a good moisturiser which does hydrate and does not leave an oily sheen, and if you do not mind mineral oil or have no problems with mineral oil, this is a good one to try- it's simple and effective!

Where can I purchase this?- In Malaysia, this can be easily found in Watsons, Caring Pharmacy and Guardian. In the UK, this is available in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Sainsbury and most of the main supermarkets.

Have you tried Simple products? Do you like them? =D

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. thax fr the review ......wnt to try this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Saikh! Hope you're liking this if you're trying it out! xx

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D