Friday 21 October 2011

Review: Mandom Barrier Repair Facial Set

Hey dearies!

So I previously wrote about Mandom's Barrier Repair Facial Set here last month, and I'm surprised that this range of products have not been getting as much hype as the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid range (you can look at it here) cause I think these products work just as good as that range, and is more affordable too!

Anyway, will give my review on three out of four of these products now! =D

The first product is Barrier Repair's Baby Moist Facial Wash.


Product: Barrier Repair Baby Moist Facial Wash
Price: RM24.90
Made in: Japan
Content: 140grams

List of ingredients:



This cleanser is a cleansing foam with Nano Hyaluronic Acid which claims to keep skin hydrated as is cleanses. It has a hypoallergenic formula and is both colourant and fragrance free.

Packaging: The packaging is a very simple yet classy plastic blue tube with a squeezy at the top which easily dispenses the cleasing foam- which I like cause it's so convenient when I'm in a hurry!

Application/Texture/Consistency: The foam is actually a white cream, which is very thick and rich in texture. Really feels like I'm lathering cream into my face! A little pea-sized amount goes a long way too! It does not lather, instead still has that thick,creamy texture when I massage my face with it.

Scent: It has a light scent which I can't quite figure out what it smells like except it strangely reminds me of the scent of rose agar-agar (a Malaysian jelly eaten as dessert)- YUMMY! =D

How I use it: I massage it into my face in circular motions and wash it off with water. It is easy to rinse off the face. However, I find that it makes my face squeaky, it has that squeaky feel! Cleansers which leave my face feeling squeaky unfortunately tend to leave my skin feeling dry (I have very sensitive dry skin btw, so this may not happen to someone else who uses the same product). It did not irritate my skin and cause breakouts though!

Price: At only RM24.90 for 140g, I think it's very affordable!

Would I repurchase it?- Unfortunately, no, because it dries out my skin (like an unbelievable number of cleansers do =S), but if you do not have sensitive, dry skin, I think this cleanser is worth giving a go!

Next product is...



Product: Barrier Repair Baby Moist Lotion
Price: RM34.90
Made in: Japan
Content: 180ml

List of ingredients:


This is actually a face toner, don't know why the Japanese call it lotion though! =D The bottle that came together with the set I bought is only 30ml, and not the original 180ml bottle.

Packaging: A simple and classy white bottle with a baby blue bottle cap made of sturdy plastic.

Application/Texture/Consistency: This lotion (toner) is both fragrance and colourant free. It is clear in colour, looks and feels like water, but with a thinner consistency compared to water. I find it very easy to apply and a few drops of this lotion is sufficient for my face. It absorbs real easy and quick into the skin too, leaving it feeling non-greasy and non-sticky.

I tried this lotion after using a cleanser from a different brand and it worked well too. Also did not cause my skin any redness or breakouts.

Would I repurchase? -YES! =D
The last product I'm reviewing in this post is...



Product: Barrier Repair Baby Moist Milk
Price: RM28.90
Made in: Japan
Content: 150ml

This is actually a moisturiser, in liquid form (I have no idea why the Japanese call it 'milk' though; maybe cause it looks like milk. Haha!). This does not come with the set that I mentioned about earlier, and I bought this separately prior to purchasing the set.

I cannot put a picture of the ingredients up though cause I threw it away before remembering to take a picture of it! =S
Packaging: Again, a simple yet classy white bottle with a baby blue bottle cap. The bottle is made of very sturdy plastic, though I wouldn't try throwing it HARD on the ground- just in case, hehe! It's small bottle is also good for bringing along when I travel. Oh, and the bottle has a top which looks like this:-



Application/Texture/Consistency: The texture of this 'milk' is light and slightly watery. Looks like milk too- white and diluted. The bottle may look weird but it really helps pour out the moisturiser. I just flip the bottle upside down and drops of the moist milk come out drop by drop- so it's easy to control how much I pour out at a go. I use about 3-4 drops for my whole face - more than sufficient. The texture on my skin is a bit sticky upon application, but after patting it into skin and letting it sink in, it feels light and not greasy.

However, I feel that this only applies when I use it with the products of the same range. I tried using this after applying a toner of a different brand on my skin and my skin felt heavy and greasy. Really did not like it.

It claims to be both colourant and fragrance free and it did not cause any irritation or breakout to my skin. My skin also felt moisturised and soft- like a baby!

Would I repurchase? - Yep! But I'd have to purchase the toner as well to ensure I don't end up feeling like i piled gunk on my face! Hee!

Update (29.11.2011): You can view the review for the fourth product (a facial mask!) I mentioned above here! =D

Have you tried this range of facial care? What do you think?

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. i just start on trying the facial ...n it feels kind of dry at first..after tht it feels so soft..i mean my skin..n i like it..but i didnt purchase the toner n moisturizer yet..i hope this product works well on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I hope it works well for you too. =D

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D