Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review: Simply Beauty Greece Carnation Nourish White Silky Mask

Hey ya darlings!

For some reason I have been wearing plenty of facial masks lately- must be because my skin has lately taken a trip down "Dry Skin Avenue". I picked this up together with another mask from the same brand when it was on offer for 'Two for RM8' because I just wanted to try masks from different brands.




Product: Simply Beauty Greece Carnation Nourish White Silky Mask
Price: RM5.90
Made in: Taiwan
Content: 1 sheet/24ml




Simply Beauty is a Taiwanese brand which sells cosmetics and skin care items. According to the packaging, this mask claims to enhance skin elasticity, help prevent wrinkles besides brightening the skin. This mask is also approved by Biosuisse and Eco Cert. I was not sure what Biosuisse was, so I did some research and found that Biosuisse is the Swiss association of the organisations for organic farming; it manages Biosuisse trademark. To obtain the use of the trademark, the operator must be recognised by Biosuisse and must respect the requirements stated by the Reg. CEE 2092/91 and the Biosuisse ones. In some points Biosuisse requirements are stricter than UE requirements (I got this info from this website). Eco Cert is an organic certification company founded in France. So, based on these certifications, this product is certified as being of organic quality.


Packaging: This product comes in a simple plastic packet with a picture of the flower used in this mask. It's simple and nothing cute or fancy, though I somehow find it quite pleasing to the eye because it looks rather elegant to me (weird that I should think that of a plastic packet but never mind).

Application/Texture/Consistency: This sheet mask comes in a round, thin cotton sheet shaped with holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. It also has plastic backing which has to be peeled away before it can be used. Applying this mask to the face is relatively easy, although I find the shape of the mask does not really fit my face well as it is slightly too round, so pulling and adjusting it especially at the shorter parts of the mask was necessary. The mask is soaked in essence and I found it a bit annoying to place the mask on my face and have essence dripping down my neck (if you've read my previous posts about facial masks, you will know that I personally prefer using cream/gel masks which can be spread on the face over sheet masks, yet I still buy sheet masks anyway) but I massaged the essence into my neck and it dried after that.



Plastic backing that I peeled away
Scent: I really like the scent. It smells lightly of flowers and something else which I can't quite place my finger on, but it smells sweet yet refreshing. The scent is not overwhelmingly strong, it just feels like I misted my face with a floral spray, so yeah, I really like the scent. =)
 
Here's some additional information about the mask written on the packaging:-




Instructions on how to use it:-





How I use it: After cleansing and toning my face, I peeled the plastic backing from the mask and placed the mask on my face. I left the mask on for 20 minutes and then peeled it off my face. The extra essence that did not get soaked into my face was massaged into the skin until it was fully absorbed. My skin felt amazingly smooth and soft and the best thing is that the essence did not leave my face feeling sticky, and neither did it take a long time to absorb into my skin like some other sheet masks I have tried. My skin looked more plump, and my complexion was brighter, although the redness of my skin did not reduce in any way. This mask caused no irritation or itchiness to my skin and I did not get any breakouts from using this product.
 
Okay, so I look pretty horrible in the next picture but for the sake of my lovely readers I just had to show how the mask looks like on the face, although I didn't place it very well. =S





Would I repurchase this?- Yes! Although it is a sheet mask, I'm fairly impressed at how quick the essence soaks into my skin, so I'm willing to overlook the fact that it's quite wet when first applied. For those of you who like sheet masks, I say definitely give this a try. =D

Where can I purchase this?- This can be found in Watson's, and also Guardian (if I'm not mistaken). I do not recall seeing this anywhere else, but if you have please do let me know! =)

Which brands of sheet masks do you like? Are there any you'd recommend? =D

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I have used this mask and I like it very much. The mask material is very much like the My Beauty Diary masks. Sasa.com sells the Simply Beauty masks for about US$7 for a pack of five, and if you spend 29 dollars Sasa will ship free worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like it. =D And thanks for the info!

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D