Saturday 24 November 2012

Review: Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream

Hello lovelies!

I'm so sorry for having been on a quite long hiatus. Recently I've been caught up with life, university and the workload that comes with it, plus exploring this beautiful country that I'm currently in. Anyhow, I'm back with another product review today! After using this for nearly two months, I think it's a suitable time to talk about it. =)




Product: Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream
Price: £3.99 (approx. RM20)
Made in: France
Content: 150ml




What it claims: I'm your secret weapon against split ends, and your bodyguard against breakage. Oh, and I'm strong on silkiness too...

Packaging: This leave-in hair cream comes in a bright red bottle made of sturdy plastic and has a dispense pump at the top which dispenses product easily and with little difficulty. I like the pump because not only is it hygienic, it also helps control the amount of product dispensed, thus ensuring I don't press out too much product at once and end up wasting it. The bright red bottle is attractive, but not too bright that it's in-your-face. The bottle itself is not too long or wide, making it easy to hold and throw into a cosmetics bag, or even a handbag for midday hair touch ups.
 



Application/Texture/Consistency: This white coloured cream comes out looking and feeling like cream, but when I rub it in my palms before applying it to my hair, it ends up feeling gel-like (although a bit waxy feeling) and spreads easily on the hair. It does not feel sticky, slimy or leaves the hair feeling thick. It absorbs reasonably quickly into the hair, and applying this to the ends of the hair leaves it feeling slightly smoother and softer. I did notice though that the few times I applied it to the top of my hair, it weighed down my hair and left it feeling and looking quite greasy the next day; so if you want to apply it to the top of your hair for that added moisture, I suggest only lightly (and I do mean lightly) rubbing it through your hair with very little product.
 
Scent: This hair cream smells lovely- it has a sharp, sweet floral scent with hints of raspberry. The scent is not too overpowering, but it does leave a nice smell in the hair for maybe 1-2 hours before fading off completely.

Here's the list of ingredients:-




How I use it: After a shower and having towel dried my hair, I use one or one and a half pumps of this hair cream, and spread it through the ends of my damp hair and just leave it on to dry without rinsing it off. I cannot say whether it has helped improve the condition of my hair ends or prevent split ends but my ends are looking somewhat healthier so I guess it has helped in some way. It does leave my hair feeling smooth and soft which is what I like about this product. I also use this before blowdrying my hair for added protection (I hope?) and also during the day when I want to tame random flyways or frizz as it does do the job pretty well in that aspect.
 


 
Would I repurchase this?- Maybe. Initially, I was not very impressed with this product because I felt it left my hair feeling more straw-like. However, as time went by I did see an improvement in the condition of my hair, so I do like this product, but I do want to try the many products out there that are not available back home and that's the main reason as to why I said 'Maybe'. Otherwise, if you're looking for a hair product that leaves the hair feeling soft and smooth, this would be a good product to try. Plus, it's pretty affordable.
 
Where can I purchase this?- You can find this in Boots and Superdrug across the UK. I'm not sure if this is available in Malaysia, but if anyone has seen this back home, please do let me know how much it costs so I can include that info here too! =D
 
Have you tried this product or any Herbal Essences products? Do you like it/ Which is your favourite? =D
 
xx Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Really informative ..thanks for the information.. hey if you want to get best herbal oils in New Zealand ..then visit http://essentialoilsnewzealand.com/...ythanks..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbal Products are better to use as they are eco-friendly and safe. They have medicinal effect.
    Herbal Beauty Products

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are supposed to leave it on in the shower and rinse off after 5 mins i believe. That's probably why it made your hair feel greasy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response! Yeah that's probably why and I probably was using it all wrong... Thanks for the tip though! Will remember to do it that way if I repurchase this in the future :D xx

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D