Tuesday 27 November 2012

Review: Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam

Hello darlings!

This product was on my wishlist back home but I never got around to getting it because I just could not justify paying RM55 (or was it RM59?) for a highlighter which is not really a brand sold in department stores or in pharmacies, so I never got it. Fast forward a year and I'm in the UK, I popped into my local Topshop and saw that they were having 20% student discount on all items, so I quickly grabbed it and paid £8 (approx. RM40) instead of the usual £10 (approx. RM50).
 
 


 
 
 
Product: Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam
Price: £10 (approx. RM50)/ RM59 in Malaysia
Made in: Italy
Content: 6.5grams
 
 
 
 
Here's the list of ingredients and instructions on how to use it:-
 
 
 
 
Packaging: The product comes in a black sturdy cardboard box with kitschy chalk-like writing on the box which I totally adore. The product itself is encased in a white, round compact made of sturdy plastic and it has a clasp opening which opens easily but is not too loose that it opens by itself. The design on the compact is also the same kitschy design which looks like hand-drawn stars. It is very lightweight and is easy to bring around as it also does not take up too much space in the bag. The only downsides I can think of regarding the packaging is that there is no mirror included inside the compact which can be quite inconvenient, and also that the white plastic packaging can get a little dirty from dirt smears after a while. Overall, it has cute yet not childish packaging and looks really nice on the table. 
 
 
 

Colour: Sunbeam is a beautiful gold highlighter with yellow undertones, and although it has miniscule glitter particles in the product, on the face it goes on shimmery and glowy and leaves a gorgeous sheen on the skin. This highlighter is one colour which I think would suit many skintones.
 
 




Application/Texture/Consistency: This product comes in the form of a powder product, but it does not feel powdery or chalky at all. It feels quite smooth and soft, and applies smoothly and easily on the skin. A little product is needed for that glowy look so I foresee this product lasting me a very long time. This product is also easily picked up with both a brush as well as with fingers, making it easy if I want to touch up during the day and do not have a brush on hand to do the job.

How I use it:  After applying foundation (or sometimes even without foundation, I take a brush, tap it lightly in the product, and apply it to my cheekbones and cupid's bow for the extra definition. Sometimes, I also like to use this to highlight under my brows or as an eyeshadow.

Durability: This product lasts reasonably long on my face- approximately 4-5 hours before fading off.

Here's swatches of the highlighter:-


Unblended, without flash


Unblended, with flash



Blended, without flash

Blended, with flash

Would I repurchase this?- Yes, I would. I really do like the colour of this highlighter, the texture, and also the fact that it's 6.5grams of product will last me a long time. I do think it's worth the money and am very pleased with my purchase. If you're looking for a good gold/yellow highlighter, I highly recommend this.

Where can I purchase this?- At all Topshop outlets in the UK as well as back home in Malaysia.

Here's a little sneak peek of another highlighter I plan to write about soon...




See that highlighter on the right? That's Topshop's highlighter in Crescent Moon! I plan to write a review about it soon as well as to include comparison swatches of both Sunbeam and Crescent Moon so stay tuned for that!

Have you tried Topshop's highlighters? Do you like them? Any highlighter recommendations? =D

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. i was looking for reviews of topshop highliter but i didn't find one :( have you tried that already ? do you think it would be ok for a pale skin ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, which topshop highlighter are you referring to? Sunbeam or Crescent Moon? I've been meaning to put up a review on Crescent Moon but always never got around to it. Crescent Moon (the pink one) is lovely! I actually prefer it more to Sunbeam nowadays. And yes- it would definitely suit pale skin! Sunbeam would suit pale skin as well, just apply it lightly and it will look lovely =D

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D