Monday 3 October 2011

Review: Maybelline Hypersharp Liner


I bought this when it was just released in the market.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Ammonium, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dipropylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Simethicone, Tocopherol, Sorbitan Laurate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Sorbitan Trioleate, Sucrose Palmitate, [+/- May contain Black 2/CL 77266] (F.I.L. B41641/1)

This LIQUID eyeliner comes only in black, and is shaped like a pen/marker.



It has a very fine tip, suitable for drawing fine, thin lines on the eyelid. You can also draw it on thick, if you choose, which is one thing I find versatile about this eyeliner.



Product drawn on two times to get this colour consistency
 I normally use two layers of this liner on my eyes to get a dark colour consistency 'cause I find that one layer is a bit too light for my taste.

The left swatch is drawn on thickly and the right swatch is drawn on using the fine tip of the pen/marker.


The picture above is how the liner looks like after a bit of rubbing- it still seems to stay on pretty well, just slightly faded.

The product also claims to be waterproof, is that true now?



That's how it looks like after running it under tap water at room temperature and slightly rubbing it. Doesn't look very waterproof now, does it? =S



I drew a really thin line on my eyelids, and this normally lasts me about 5-6 hours wear, which I find not bad, provided I don't go rubbing my eyes of course! =D

Price: RM23.90
Weight: 0.5g
Made in: China
Where can I find this?: All leading pharmacies in Malaysia (e.g Watsons, Caring, Guardian)
Pros: Affordable, lasts 5-6 hours of wear, can draw thin lines, pen-like shape is easy to hold
Cons: Not really waterproof or smudgeproof

Would I repurchase? - Yes! I find that the pros outweigh the cons here, and it definitely is a good product!


xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Glad you liked yours. I'm using the Etude liquid liner, I like the formula but hate the brush. meh. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I do like this liner- very easy to use! I have the etude liquid liner too, haven't reviewed it yet though.

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D