Saturday 10 December 2011

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15

Hey ya dearies!
 
So I got a sample of this tinted moisturiser when I went to a Clinique counter, and just had to blog about it! This product comes in 6 shades, Shade 1 being the lightest shade and Shade 6 the darkest.

Picture Credit: Clinique.com

Product: Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 in Shade 3
Price: £21.00 (approx. RM105) - I don't know how much it costs to buy it in Malaysia- will check!
Made in: Belgium
Content: 30ml
 
Here's a pic of the sample I got:



A cute 1.5ml lil' packet!

List of ingredients:



Packaging: I cannot comment on this because I do not own the actual product in the bottle. Sorry! =)

Colour: Like I mentioned earlier, this product comes in 6 shades. The shade I received was Shade 3. I have to say that this shade turned out to be too dark for my skin tone which is an NC20-30 colour (I have no idea why they gave me this shade). However, I will still comment on the other aspects of this product. =D

Application/Texture/Consistency: This liquid tinted moisturiser has a light feel to it and a light texture- which I like as I do not like the feeling of knowing that something is applied onto my face. However, I do feel that if I apply a bit too much of this product, it starts to feel thick and slightly sticky- which I do not like. Also, I do not really think of it as a tinted moisturiser, it feels more like a foundation to me, but for the purposes of this review I'll call it tinted moisturiser. Its texture is also not too runny and applies easily either by using fingers or a foundation brush.

It gives sheer-medium coverage and leaves a natural finish on the skin. It does not really cover any imprefections- just basically evens out the skintone, so if you are looking for a foundation/tinted moisturiser that does just that, this will not do the trick for you. However, like I mentioned above, if you're willing to pile on lots of product, then this tinted moisturiser may work pretty well as a foundation with medium-heavy coverage. It also contains SPF 15 which is great for helping with slightly protecting my skin from the sun's harsh rays. It is also oil-free, and suitable for all skin types.



Picture of how it looks like

Durability: This tinted moisturiser lasted for about 6 hours on my face before slowly fading off. Pretty good I guess!

How I used it: I applied a few dots onto my face and slowly massaged the product in outward strokes using my fingers and blending it. I also tried another time using Elf's Studio Powder Brush (review can be found here!) by patting the product onto my skin. Both methods worked well for me. =D I also liked how it did not cause any irritation or breakouts to my skin, especially since I have sensitive skin.

Here's some swatches on my hand:




You can see from the pictures that the shade I was given is WAAYY too dark for me. Am not gonna post up pictures of my face in it 'cause I look like I went and got a bad tanning session. HAHA! =D

I used quite a bit of product on my hand in the pictures above and you can see that the coverage is quite thick already as it has covered my tiny mole on my hand which can be seen in the first picture, but is not visible in the second picture. =)

Price: I am not sure what the exact price of this product is here in Malaysia but I do think that it costs more than RM105. Haha! I do find the price slightly steep for my student budget, but I guess otherwise it would be a pretty reasonable buy.

Would I purchase this?- No, I don't think so. I still feel that as lightweight as it is, I find it slightly too much like a foundation for me to actually want to use it on a daily basis.

Have you tried this tinted moisturiser? =D

xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D