The additional usage of hot styling tools and other salon treatments (colouring, perming, etc.) have a damaging impact on the health of our hair, making it brittle and weak. Gelatine masks help restore hair strength, shine, smoothness and elasticity.
Classic mask with Gelatin for all hair types
Gelatin powder - 1 tablespoon
Water - 3 tablespoons
Quality hair balm - 3 tablespoons
Vitamin A - 3 drops
Lavender essential oil (or you can use rosemary, ylang-ylang and sage) - 3 drops
Lemon juice - 3 drops
- Mix the gelatine with water and let it stand.
- After 40 minutes, put the mixture of gelatine and water on a slow fire with low heat to get a gelatinous liquid without any lumps.
- Add the hair conditioner and the other ingredients of the mask into the warm liquid.
- Spread the finished mixture on wet, clean hair and wrap your hair with a towel.
- After 30 minutes, wash away the mask with warm water.
Some things to note about gelatine masks
- It is important to dissolve the gelatine: First, mix it with cold water and let it stand for 40 minutes. After that, dissolve any residue on a low heat fire (do not boil).
- It is important to add the hair balm into the gelatin mask.
- It is necessary to apply the mask on clean hair.
- The gelatine mixture should not be applied to the scalp. It should only be applied on the hair.
- After applying the mask, you should wrap the head with a towel.
- Rinse the hair with boiled water at room temperature. If necessary, use a mild shampoo.
- Making a hair mask with gelatine is recommended in spring and autumn. The mask can be used once in two weeks and 8-10 treatments per season will suffice.
I hope this post is helpful! I'm definitely curious to try this out - anything for stronger hair! Thanks Victoria for the guest post!
Have you tried making this mask before? What are your favourite hair mask recipes? =D