Sunday 11 September 2011

Review: Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Ultra Deep Cleansing Mask

Hi dearies!

Today I will review the Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Ultra Deep Cleansing Mask which has been  in drugstores for years but have never bought one for myself. This product was given by YUBERACTIVE for me to review.

 

The packaging is interesting- with a face of a woman smiling while wearing the face mask. It looks quirky in a good way, but I do not think the words on the packaging stand out enough to grab attention.

I was expecting a “cute”, sweet chocolate-y smell, but my expectations fell when I opened the packet. It smelled sweet but with a rather strong chemical smell. I applied the mask for 20 minutes, and the smell lasted throughout the application, making me feel a bit dizzy. If you're not bothered by sickly-sweet smells, you would most probably like it.




Ingredients: Aqua (Purified water), Kaolin (Natural Clay), Glycerin (Vegetable source), Glyceryl stearate SE (vegetable source), Theobroma cocoa (cocoa) seed butter, Bentonite (natural clay), Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sea salt, aroma, carrot seed oil, parfum, sweet almond oil, Vitamin E, Jojoba seed oil, Cream extract, Lecithin, Sucrose, Maltodextrine (starch source), Dehydroacetic acid, Benzyl alcohol.

Application was very easy, especially with the packet having a tiny slit at the side, so I did not have to go searching for a pair of scissors to help me open the packet. The mask also dries up pretty quickly, giving a nice tight feeling (at least I think it’s a nice feeling =D) which cracked when I twitched my face.

Removing the mask was also easy and it left a smooth silky feeling on my face. I felt that my face was less oily, and also that my pores were less obvious when I looked at it. I feel the effects are only temporary but my face felt less oily for the whole day after using the mask and that is a definite plus point!

At a very reasonable price of RM5.90, the product has 17ml worth of face mask, so I probably can use it for at least 4-5 times if I really stretch it. Great value for money!

I also have sensitive skin, and it did not irritate my skin at all, so those with sensitive skin should not experience any allergic reactions using this product.

Overall, I think that it is a reasonable and cheap face mask to use, nothing outstanding but  a good enough mask to use if I want to get clean, smooth-feeling skin. Would I repurchase?- Probably not, but that’s because I did not like the smell

Pros: Cheap price, A lot of product given considering the price, Suitable for sensitive skin, Face was less oily and pores looked less obvious, Smooth skin

Cons: Very strong chemical-chocolate smell

Would you try this product? =)

xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D