Monday 7 May 2012

FOTD: Brown-Gold Smokey Eyes for Prom!

Hi ya everyone!

So I know I have been missing from the blogosphere for a while- have not actually written a proper post in a long time! That's 'cause I am in the midst of my exams, hehe! But I've been oh-so yearning to blog, so as a lil' birthday gift to myself, I'm gonna gift myself by blogging two posts! Haha!! So this is the first post, and it's a Face of The Day (FOTD) that I did for a friend who was attending her university's prom. I am not a professional but I since I really do like makeup, I just thought it'd be cool to help do her makeup! Hehe!

She wanted a brown-gold smokey eye so this is what I came up with:-






She wore a very simple, flowy , long white dress so I tried to make her makeup stand out more!



So that's how it looks like with her eyes closed. Had to really pack on the colour to ensure that her makeup would be obvious in photo's, although somehow it doesn't seem very dark in her photo above...hmm..


So that's a pic from one angle...



And that's a pic from another angle. Haha! Was going for a sexy yet sweet and innocent look for her. =)

So here's how she looks like when taken from a further distance:-



I think she looks GORGEOUS! Hehe! =D I feel this look would be suitable to be worn even during the daytime as the colours are mainly neutrals with a pop of gold- just tone down the colours and not make it stand out so much, and wear thinner eyeliner, and you're good to go!

So here's the products I've used:-



- The bronzer from elf's beauty encyclopedia
- Some browns from the elf 32 eye shadow palette
- The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Eyes in YL703 (gold eyeshadow)
- The Face Shop Jewel Powder in YL701 (gold glitter pigment - I do not know if they still sell this but I'm in LOVE with this product. Haha!)
- Elianto Super Brilliant Colour in 01 (a shimmer bronze pigment) and 04 (a silver-white shimmer pigment)
- Elianto Baked Eyeshadow in 07 Charcoal Black
- Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
- Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
- Loreal 'true match' Super-blendable Powder in N1 Soft Ivory
- Benefit Thrrrob Blusher

Oh no! I just realised I missed out one more product in the picture above and that's Maybelline Hypersharp Liner. =D

There are also a few products not in the picture which I used on her which I did not get a snap of either 'cause they belong to her or they're old and I don't wanna show em, HEHE! =D

So the list of those products are:-
- Elianto Eyeshadow in Shimmer White
- Maybelline Collagen Lipstick in some cherry red shade
- Estee Lauder Signature Silky Eyeshadow Duo in 03 Ginger
- A pair of false eyelashes from Sasa
- A BB Cream from Dr G

So yep, that's all the products used, I think! And that also concludes this post! I know it's not much of a post but I just wanted to post it anyway 'cause I'm really quite proud of it! Haha!

So hope you all have a great week ahead! One more post to go and then that's the end of my gift to myself! Hehe! Take care! =D

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is pretty! Very well done look too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea she is! She has big eyes... Haha! And thanks Hanny! ^_^

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D