Sunday 12 August 2012

NOTD: Candy Polka Dot Nails!

Hiya lovelies,

So I've been playing around with my nail polishes since my self-declared ban on buying nail polishes, and I just thought I'd share a look I did with you lovelies! It's not the most creative and you've probably seen many NOTDs like it but it's my first time doing this look and I'm pretty proud of it! Hee! =D



Okay, so that's me just playing and editing the picture for fun. Haha! Here's how it really looks like:-






My hands look so orange somehow. Haha!
The nail polishes I used to achieve this look are:-



- Elianto Nail Colour in 05 Peach Orange
- The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Nails in PP401
- The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Nails in GR501
- Rimmel I Love (Fruities) Lasting Finish in 058 Lemon Drop
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink-ing of You (from the Princess Minis set)
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Alpine Snow (from the Princess Minis set)

I also used a toothpick (which I had conveniently cut into half) as my dotting tool since I don't own any dotting tools. The flat part of the toothpick works pretty good for making polka dots, though! =D





How I Created this Look:-

- I painted each nail with two coats of a different colour for each nail and waited for them to dry.
- Then, I took the toothpick, dipped it in OPI's Alpine Snow and created polka dots!
- Finish it with a layer of top coat (which I did not do here) and this look is done. =D
It's a really simple nail look and I apologise if I did not include step-by-step pictures of my nail look. Did not really think of doing it at that time. Hehe!

I hope you like this nail look. What are the nail looks that you like to do on your nails? What nail art designs do you like? Do let me know! =D

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. aw so cute! i always mess it up when i wanna make dots T-T ..but looking at yours i think i should take a try once again..this time i won't fail.hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I know how you feel about messing up dots, it happens quite often to me too! But yep, do give it another try, all the best! Maybe show me a picture of the successful dots? =D

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D