Saturday 18 August 2012

Review: Elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance

Hey there dearies!

Highlighters and bronzing powders are things that are relatively new in my beauty routine. I only started using them about a year ago after discovering what gave celebrities that healthy looking glow. This product I have here was sitting in my beauty stash box for about 8 months before I decided to give it a go early this year. Although it is called a bronzing powder, I find this works more like a highlighter due to the light shade of this product.



Product: Elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in 2403 Luminance
Price: £1.50 (approx. RM7.50)
Made in: China
Content: 5grams



Back of the packaging

Packaging: This product comes in a clear plastic casing which looks like a compact. I like how the top of the casing is clear so that I can see how much product I've used up, although at the same time, when it's all used and messy it probably won't be pleasing to the eye. The plastic packaging is not the most sturdy packaging, but I won't say it's flimsy-the quality of the packaging totally befits the price of the product, that's all I can say. The bottom of the casing is also see-through and you can see that it looks rather cheap, what with me being able to see the glue sticking the product together and all. However, it is very light and can easily be toted around. Overall, it's not elegant packaging, a little cheap looking, but for the price, I definitely am not complaining.









Application/Texture/Consistency: This powder is a gold/nude coloured shimmer powder with very tiny glitter particles which work great to reflect light, giving a healthy glow on the face. It feels slightly powdery and chalky to the touch but is very easy to apply and blend on the skin and it leaves a very natural looking glow to the face. The slight gold colour of the powder gives it warm undertones, making it a good choice for those whose skin has warm undertones or for those who prefer a warmer glow to the face. It does not look powdery or glittery at all on the face too (which I like), and I think this product is a versatile colour which would very likely suit all skin tones. The product can be easily picked up by brush bristles or with fingers and pigmentation is quite good so a light dusting on the skin is more than enough.





Can you see the slight gold sheen on right part of my hand in the picture? That's where I applied a thin layer of the highlighter. =)

Durability: This product lasts for about 3 hours on my face before it disappears noticeably or completely when I'm having my oily skin days. That's pretty decent lasting power for a product of this price IMO. =)

How I use it: I take my Elf Studio Powder Brush, dip it lightly into the powder and dust it lightly on the top parts of my cheekbones and along the bridge of my nose. I also use this as a highlighter under my eyebrows, as an eyeshadow and lightly coated over my lipstick to add extra oomph to it. =D I did not experience any itching, irritation or breakouts when using this product.

Here's the directions stated on the packaging:-




Here's the list of ingredients:-




Price: At £1.50 (approx. RM7.50), this is definitely a steal. It is very affordable and I think the job it does definitely belies the price.

Would I repurchase?- Yes I would, although probably not anytime soon as it will take me a long time to finish this. However, I do think this is a good buy because the colour is just so versatile and suitable for many skin tones, plus it really does give a healthy natural-looking glow. =)

Where can I purchase this?- I bought this online at the ELF UK website and got it shipped to a local UK address when I was on holiday there. Unfortunately, this product is not available in Malaysia. =( The main ELF website is this website:- click here

What is your favourite highlighter product? Do you think powder highlighters work better than liquid highlighters? Do let me know! =D

PS. If you've noticed, I have enlarged the size of my pictures in this post. Do you all prefer it in a smaller size like in all my previous posts or in this size? Do let me know! 

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated to this company. I just placed the links to the respective ELF websites here for your reference.

xx Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D